This building was erected by Mrs. Georgina Abbott as a memorial to
her parents, Mr. & Mrs. James Walker and her first husband, Mr. Edwin
Barton. It was designed by Blacket & Son, architects and built by
George Donald. It was opened on 6th November, 1881 as the "Wallerawang"
estate private chapel. It was used by Presbyterian and Anglican Churches
from the outset and was given to both on 18th November, 1952.' By
the early 2000s, costs of repairs, maintenance and insurance, coupled
with declining numbers attending services, were causing problems for
the local congregations.