Unlike most of the other church buildings within the Bowenfels Parish,
this is very much a "town" church, located on a small "town" sized
block of land.
"On July 28, 1886, the foundation stone of Sunny Corner Presbyterian
Church was laid by Mr. John Dobbie and, during the years when 'The
Corner' was a flourishing gold-mining town, the church was, to the
Presbyterian community, their house of worship. "After the failure
of the mines, the church was demolished and re-erected in Portland
where it was subsequently burned down. The foundation stone was, however,
retained and is placed in the western wall of the present building,
forming a definite link with the original church." The foundation
stone of the present building was laid on 26th June, 1915. There are
also memorial plaques on most of the pews within the church.